Advantages and benefits of having a corporate blog
A corporate blog is a powerful tool for a content marketing strategy , which will allow you from offering valuable information to your readers, to creating a connection with them that guides them to the sale.
As you can see, it is more important than it seems. Therefore, not having a corporate blog can be a loss for your business. Below you will see all the benefits that a corporate blog offers. I’m sure that after analyzing them, you will realize their potential and you will not hesitate to take the step.
Why to create a corporate blog? 9 benefits for your business
You probably think that there are thousands of blogs on the Internet. And one more, how is it going to differ from the rest? Keep in mind that each one is in a specific sector and has its own identity . Therefore, the important thing here is to create a unique message, address an audience with similar tastes and passions to the topic you are going to discuss on your blog and focus all your efforts on connecting with them to build trust, position yourself as a benchmark and boost your sales.
Each blogger has their own knowledge and experience. And that’s where you should work to first create an audience and then give them value to become a successful and reference blog . To do this, you must also work on an SEO strategy that drives your content to the top positions of Google to attract traffic; So how can you guess SEO and content go hand in hand to make a blog work.
Therefore, these are the main benefits of a corporate blog:
1. It positions you as a benchmark in your sector
A blog is a communication channel that serves to inform, educate, build trust or entertain. Think that the topics to be discussed in the blog should be related to your sector and your business. Therefore, talking about it will position you as an expert in your market .
For this reason, it is important that you sign your articles, since the author will also gradually gain authority and will become a reference that readers will want to follow to resolve their doubts or expand information on any of their concerns.
2. Create community and build trust
If you have an online business, launching a blog will not be enough to publicize your products or services and get conversions. One of the goals of content marketing is to build trust among users. And for this, the best way to achieve this is to offer them relevant and valuable content to retain them .
For example, another way to gain their trust is through lead magnets . In this way, you give them valuable content and they in return provide you with their email; key to start creating your list of subscribers and nurturing them with information related to your business and / or sector.
This list of subscribers is of immense value for your business, because it is easier for a subscriber to become a customer. Of course, that list must be cared for and pampered through an email marketing strategy , adding value, educating them and offering them news periodically.
3. Facilitate communication with your potential customers
Activate the option so that your readers can leave comments on your blog entries. This is very important because it is the only way for readers to leave their opinion or doubts, that is, to interact with you .
In addition, these comments will be very helpful sometimes to inspire you on new topics to discuss on the blog.
4. Improve your visibility in search engines and attract traffic
Creating relevant content for your target audience is not enough for your blog to succeed. First, for a blog to start rolling it has to have visits and be visible in search engines like Google .
Therefore, it is necessary that you develop an SEO strategy to boost your content to the top positions of Google. To do this, you must research the keywords on a topic, know who is in the top three positions in Google and make content better than your competition to position yourself above it.
If a user finds you in the first or second position of Google, the probability that they will enter your site is high (if the topic is of interest to them). Therefore, putting together a good SEO strategy will help you attract traffic. And also, if that new user liked your content, they are probably interested in knowing who you are and what you sell, keep browsing your website and visit you again.
5. Build a good brand image
After a user finds you online, has read your article and has visited you through other sections of your website, if they liked what they saw, they will surely visit you again.
Therefore, if the user could easily navigate through your blog, your post solved some doubts, added value and the design of your blog is attractive, your image will remain etched in their memory ; And this means that you are getting notoriety and building a good reputation.
6. Allows you to get qualified leads
As we have said above, a blog is the perfect instrument to take your readers through the sales funnel , and go from being a reader with an interest in your content to being a customer who has purchased some of your products or services.
But if you want this blogging strategy to work, it is recommended that you not be too intrusive or commercial . For example, if you sell kitchen furniture, don’t be constantly saying that your furniture is the best. Instead, you can explain to your audience why they need them.
7. Generate sales
Don’t expect sales if you haven’t built trust among your readers before. Most users will be more willing to make a purchase at your business when your relationship is closer and closer . And this is achieved through the blog.
After working on that trust, take advantage of your list of subscribers and make segmented lists to send each one personalized messages, taking into account the interests and needs of each one. This segmentation is key in your strategy, since not all your audience is interested in all your products.
8. Content can be used to spread on social media and make noise
To reach more people and attract more traffic, social media has great potential . Take advantage of the contents of your blog to spread it on your social networks, so that your followers can share it with their friends and have more reach .
In addition to textual content, a format that accompanies text and that works very well on social networks is video . Imagine that you launch a super guide, explaining the step by step on how a tool works. If you add an explanatory video to this explanation, you can spread it through networks and it can easily go viral.
9. Allows you to create alliances with other bloggers
If you are going to launch a corporate blog, one of the benefits you will obtain will be the possibility of connecting with other bloggers and creating win-win collaborations , key to giving the boost your blog needs.
Important : don’t see other bloggers in your industry as competition, but rather as opportunities to gain more visibility, get more traffic, and sell more.
These are some ideas to collaborate with other bloggers in your sector:
- Send them guest articles to attract more traffic . First do some research to see which bloggers you could start a guest post collaboration with . To do this, analyze its authority (DA), number of visits per month, if it has an attractive design and a consolidated brand. You already know that by publishing articles on other sites related to your topic, through links in your content you can attract traffic from your audience to your site. And also, if that site has authority, it will help you improve your positioning.
- Collaborations of posts in social networks. As with guest posts, you can also collaborate on the social networks of the brand you collaborate with, through mentions in posts or in stories.
- Alliances through affiliate marketing . You can also create an affiliate marketing strategy. This consists of proposing to other bloggers that they mention you in their content through links and if users enter that link and perform a certain action that you establish, the blogger will take a commission. Without a doubt, with this type of strategy everyone wins.
- Create a joint product with another blogger to offer it to both audiences . In this case, the important thing is that both companies have a similar audience, with the same tastes and interests. For example, to give you an idea, a few years ago Philips and Marcilla started a joint collaboration to increase their sales. What Philips did is boost their coffee maker (creating a new brand called Senseo) in order to relate it to Marcilla’s coffee. This is just an example, but there are many possibilities to create new products, based on collaborative marketing.