How to repair a corrupt GoPro file
GoPro refers to a camera used to make a video file. The camera is lightweight and can take high-quality images. This camera can also shoot from a variety of angles, primarily when used in conjunction with a mounted lever. As such, GoPro is primarily and widely used for videography and sports photography. Videos that are recorded with the GoPro camera are stored in mp4 form and are generally played back with the GoPro Studio software. Videos sometimes get corrupted and need to repair GoPro video when damaged
Here is a summary of how you can successfully improve a corrupt GoPro file.
Causes of Gopro video file corruption
Before embarking on how to repair a corrupt file, it is vital to know the possible causes of corruption in GoPro video files. It is essential to note that these videos are shot in some of the highest and most memorable definitions. As such, you may want to keep them for a while and protect them from damage.
However, just like regular videos, GoPro video files also get corrupted and damaged. If these files are not handled, it gets corrupted and damaged. These are some of the major causes of GoPro video file corruption
- Unexpected interruption: This can occur during the transfer of the video file to the PC from the camera.
- Malicious Spyware: This damage or corruption occurs if the PC the file is playing on is connected by malware.
- Video memory card failure
- Improper removal of vide memory card from GoPro camera
What then is the best tool for GoPro video file repair?
The best method or technique to use when repairing your corrupted GoPro file is the GoPro mp4 video repair tool. The tools are available today, and you can buy any of them to help you repair the video file.
While there are many tools, not all of them will help you finish the repair task. Therefore, identifying the best device is a vital step that you must take. Wondershare Video Repair Tool has proven to be one of the best tools in repairing corrupt GoPro video files. The device is capable of the following functions.
- Repair your video files on windows
- Repair files by rebuilding frame, header, and manage sounds and movements.
- Repair your GoPro video files on mac
- Repairs various video file corruptions on OS X and even Windows operating systems
- It offers a preview of the repaired video files of the file formats it supports.
Step-by-step guide on how to use the tool
If you choose to do your Corrupt GoPro file fix using Wondershare tool, here is what you should do to get the best results.
Add Corrupt GoPro Video File – Here, you will download and install the Video File Repair Tool on the computer you will use. After downloading, you will click Add option to allow the network to add corrupt GoPro file.
Repair the file: After editing the file, you selected the data to repair and hit the repair option to start the video repair process.
Video file preview: After completing the repair process, you can preview the repaired video file before permanently removing it from the tool.
Add a sample file to repair: Hit save to computer option to allow you to keep the repaired GoPro video file in its favourable location. After that, the software will confirm that the saving of the video file was successful.
It would be useful to remember that when it comes to severely damaged or damaged video files, the tool allows you to advance repair options.
What to observe during this process
- The PC should continue to run at a time when the GoPro video file transfer is done on the camera.
- Have a genuine and standardized video memory card to help you record GoPro video files.
- Make sure you have an excellent antivirus installed on your computer to eradicate malicious spyware in the process.
- Please do not record video files when your GoPro camera runs out of charge.
GoPro Corrupt File Fix Using Gopro SOS
SOS system is the best tool to repair corrupt GoPro files when your GoPro video player notifies you of a playback error due to file damage. Here’s how to approach the situation.
- Reinsert the video memory card into the GoPro camera.
- Wait for the GoPro camera to warn you of the damage
- Press any button to allow GoPro to begin the repair process instantly.
[Also Read: How to choose the best data recovery software?]
GoPro Video File Repair Using VLC
Besides SOS Auto Repair and Wondershare Repair, you can also use VLC to repair your corrupt GoPro video file. To do so, follow these simple steps.
- Open the VLC and select the media folder to help you open the format conversion technique.
- Add your corrupt GoPro video file and click convert and save.
- Select your preferred settings by selecting a location for the video after selecting a codec.
- Click the start button
- Open the VLC and click on the option that indicates the preferences. If you can’t see your preferred option, look at the drop-down menu or press Ctrl and P.
- Select the option always to click Save to set a default repair for your corrupt GoPro files.
The point is…
GoPro cameras are primarily used for fast motion or recording. The recordings come from a vehicle or any other external or external event. Therefore, it is not exclusive that cameras harm the process and interfere with the recorded video file. Again, with the recent popularity of these cameras, many problems arise with their use in various fields. As such, knowing how to repair a GoPro video file using any of the methods outlined here is a huge plus.