Was your iPhone backup corrupted or not supported? Here are the solutions
For most iOS users, iTunes is the best way to backup or restore iPhone or other iOS device, as it is fast and secure enough, designed for Apple devices. Many users think that it works very well. However, some of the iOS users got stuck in corrupted or unsupported iTunes backup issue when they were backing up iPhone. Why is iPhone backup corrupted?
Before solving the problem, let’s find out its reasons.
Table of Contents
Why is iPhone backup corrupted? Two situations maybe
Normally, when iTunes appears, iTunes backup was corrupt or incompatible, you have two situations:
1. When backing up iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, you get an error message saying “iTunes could not back up iPhone (or iPad, iPod touch) because the backup was corrupted or missing. was compatible with the iPhone (or iPad, iPod touch).)”.
2. When restoring your iDevice with iTunes, you get an error message saying “iTunes could not restore iPhone (or iPad, iPod touch) because the backup was corrupted or not compatible with iPhone (or iPad, iPod touch ) that is being restored.”
This corrupted or unsupported iPhone backup issue is very common, it occurs on all iOS versions (such as iOS 9/10/11/12), on iPhone, iPad and iPod touch, and on almost all models of iPhone, such as iPhone 5s/6/ 6s/7, even the latest iPhone 8 and iPhone stuck and no matter what model of device you are working with. We will offer you several solutions to solve it.
Below, we will talk about the two corrupted or unsupported iTunes backup issues one by one, including what causes them to happen and how to fix them.
When iPhone backup is corrupted, backup iPhone instead of using iTunes
Alternatively, we suggest you use a third-party iOS Data Backup & Restore program, which could give you a better backup experience.
iOS Data Backup and Restore
- Back up contacts/messages/email/photos/videos on iPhone with simple clicks.
- Restore any data to iPhone from backup file selectively.
- Preview data before iPhone backup and restore.
- Fully compatible with all iPhone/iPad, including the latest iPhone 15, iPhone 14, iPhone 14 Plus, iPhone 13 Plus, iPhone 6, iPhone 5s, iPhone 5, with iOS 17/16/15/14/13/12/11/10/9/8.
How to Backup iPhone with iOS Data Backup & Restore
Step 1: Choose iOS Data Backup and Restore
Download FoneLab and choose iOS Data Backup & Restore option on the main interface.
Step 2: Connect iPhone to computer
To backup iPhone, connect your iOS device to your computer and then choose iOS Data Backup .
Step 3: Choose the file type
Wait until the program detects your iPhone automatically. Then click the “Start” button and choose the file type. Here you can choose Photos, Messages, Call History, Contacts, Calendar, Notes, etc. for backup.
Note: You can also choose the default “Standard Backup” option to “Encrypted Backup” to protect private information.
Step 4: Back up iPhone
Click “Next” button and confirm the backup path in the pop-up window, then click Backup Button to save your backup files to local disk.
After getting the backup, you can scan and view the backup data anytime you want. If you want to restore the backup to a new iPhone, please choose “iOS Data Backup & Restore” > “iOS Data Restore”, and you can choose your backup and restore data selectively in seconds.
Check if iTunes won’t backup iPhone when you encounter corrupted iPhone backup issue
Apple has already announced iTunes 12.7.4 and it brings some feature changes, very different from iTunes 11 or another previous version. However, until now, many users have been stuck in the iTunes issue, and one of them is iTunes not backing up iPhone in iOS 11/12 version. When they try to backup iPhone data using iTunes on computer, and nothing happens. Therefore, corrupted iPhone backup may be caused by iTunes not backing up iPhone.
If you make sure it is because of an iTunes backup problem, maybe you could do the following to fix it:
- Check the USB cable or port
- Restart your computer and then run iTunes
- Restart your iOS device
- Update your version of iTunes to try
In this post, we mainly show you the tips and tricks to resolve the iPhone backup corrupt issue. First of all, we introduce iOS Data Backup & Restore to you, and we recommend you backup iPhone instead of using iTunes. Also, iPhone backup may be corrupted due to iTunes backup error, and we provide some suggestions. If you have any other good ideas to solve the problem, please feel free to let us know.