Microsoft plans to improve Default Apps management on Windows 10
The truth is that Microsoft does not stop working on the improvements and new functions that over time will reach everyone in Windows 10. Of course, in principle, we know a good part of them thanks to the shipments made to the Insiders of the firm. A clear example of this we see with the new release of build 19608, as we will show you.
And with this, we not only refer to everything that will come to us, in just a few days, through the first major update of the year, the May 2020 Update, but we look beyond. For those of you who don’t know yet, we’re on the verge of launching a major feature update for Windows 10, something that will occur in the coming days. But at the same time, the firm works on other later versions of the system, such as next fall, or also known as 20H2.
Table of Contents
Main innovations that Windows 10 build 19608 brings
As expected, the news and improvements of this new compilation of the operating system are very varied, where we can highlight the improvements in the experience of using the default applications. This is something the firm has been working on for a long time and is now starting to implement. Thus, the possibility of searching the lists of file types, protocols, and applications to set as default is added.
On the other hand, it is also worth noting that Your phone application has been significantly improved so that we can use it more effectively. Thus we will have the opportunity to drag and drop all kinds of files without problems between mobile devices and Your Phone application.
Credits: Windows blog
Minor fixes that the update presents
- Fixed an issue with Notes windows not moving.
- Fixed bug that caused language packs to not install.
- Fixed an issue that caused Task Manager to display an incorrect Edge icon.
- They resolve an issue with the clipping app launching in the background.
- Performance has been improved when loading the Windows Update history page.
Issues still to be resolved in the new update
- However, despite everything, the Redmond firm still has pending to resolve a series of detected failures, as we will show you in these lines.
- The drag and drop folder function is not supported for all phones.
- Transferring files from My Files from phone to PC on some devices.
- The narrator for users using the latest version of Edge Chromium may experience some difficulties when browsing and reading certain web content.
- Reports of the update process that hangs for long periods when installing a new build are investigated.
- Documents and Downloads show a damaged icon next to the page name.
- The application icons on the taskbar have rendering issues.
- The battery icon on the lock screen always shows almost empty.
- IIS settings are set by default after installing a new build.