What is Proxy Server? Types and uses | Free Prox List in 2020 [100% working]
When browsing the Internet, it is important to take into account several factors, among them, the most important is privacy and security. Every time a user surfs the net, he ends up leaving a trail in some way, which can be taken by other people and thus see each of your movements and the websites you visited.
That is why nowadays browsing from anonymity has become a very frequent activity, for this reason, netizens make use of tools such as VPN or Proxy that are capable of ensuring navigation without any trace, thus offering greater privacy and security in user data.
Therefore, if you are looking for a way to be on the Internet and not leave any kind of trace of your movements, here we are going to show you what are the best free proxies and what is this type of tool for, for this, follow everything in detail what we will teach you in this post.
What is a proxy server?
In general, when a network connection is established, it is carried out through the communication of two computers, that is, the information goes from one computer to the other directly. But, when a proxy is used, all these changes, since the information goes first to the intermediate computer, which this time will be the proxy. It will be the one in charge of transferring the information to the final computer. As you can see, this tool prevents direct contact between the first team and the last one.
Therefore, every time you visit a web page from your browser, it will not be able to identify your IP, since it will not have any information from you. All this will allow you to browse completely anonymously and without any risks. These types of tools are used very frequently to access geo-blocked sites, just like VPNs.
However, proxies are much more insecure than VPNs, but they work faster. Also, it gives you the possibility to block elements such as scripts, cookies and many others that are hosted on different web portals. Finally, it is important to mention that you must use proxies that are from really trustworthy sites since these are simply dedicated to hiding your IP so that other information of yours could remain without hiding and that could be within reach of someone who gets access to your network.
What are the reasons why you should use a proxy server to surf the Internet?
Undoubtedly, using one of these tools can offer you a large number of benefits and advantages when browsing the Internet, and that being able to be online anonymously will always provide greater security and privacy, especially nowadays when cyberattacks and information thefts are becoming more frequent.
All this has led to all network users being in danger every time they visit an unknown website or receive some type of information online. However, using a proxy does not always mean only benefits; you should bear in mind that sometimes they can also cause risks. That is why below we show you what the main advantages and disadvantages of using these elements are.
Benefits and advantages
Among the main advantages offered by a proxy server to improve the user experience are the following:
- It offers better control: In this case, it is the intermediary who is responsible for carrying out the actual work, which in many cases restricts the user’s rights to access the proxy’s permissions.
- It offers a better speed: One of the advantages of using this tool is that it offers a higher browsing speed to users, for this it is responsible for saving responses to some requests and then offering them directly when the client requests them, this prevents You may need to contact the destination again to respond.
- Better filtering: If it detects something strange or prohibited, the proxy will not make any type of request to avoid any type of danger.
- Anonymity: It offers the possibility of surfing the Internet from anonymity, so hide your IP by changing it for another. Also, in case you want to access a blocked site in your country, you can use the IP of another where such access is allowed.
- Modification: As the proxy acts as an intermediary, it can falsify information or modify it following an algorithm, this to hide data.
Risks and disadvantages
As previously mentioned, using this type of elements does not always turn out to be a benefit for netizens at all. Therefore, here we are going to show you what are the main disadvantages that can be obtained by using these servers:
- Loading: These servers generally do the work of many users.
- You can abuse their functions: Being servers that perform the work of many users, sometimes they may end up doing jobs that do not correspond to them since they are the ones who have control of access to their services.
- Mistakes in your service: These servers generally perform caching to later be able to offer information in a faster way and increase the speed of your service. But, on many occasions, you can end up giving old answers when there are more recent ones.
- Intrusion: Not all users like the idea of proxies caching and storing information or data. Therefore, not all the time, it is very favourable to have this type of intermediaries.
- Problems: When a server represents more than 1 user, this can end up generating many problems in different scenarios.
- They are not completely secure: If we compare them with other tools such as VPNs, it can be said that the proxies are not completely secure since they do not encrypt all the traffic that passes through it.
Types of proxy servers that we can use
Currently, you can find different types of proxy servers that can be used to obtain anonymity in web browsing from our computers. Each one of them is in charge of carrying out a different process, and this is how we will explain what the most common types of servers that you can find today are:
HTTP proxy servers
They are in charge of being able to interpret all the traffic that passes through the network. Therefore, they are responsible for storing the cache of web portals to later facilitate and speed up access to them by the user. All the speed that this generates means that it does not carry complete encryption since it would end up reducing its speed.
SSL proxy servers
SSL proxy servers are responsible for providing SSL supports for what is the connection between sender and receiver securely. These servers have little chance of being blocked by your ISP because they use TCP port 443. They are also known as HTTPS proxies, and since your ISP does not block them, they allow you to make purchases or review online banking.
SOCKS proxy servers
In this case, the SOCKS server is not responsible for reviewing or analyzing web traffic but simply lets it pass. These servers are considered very versatile, capable of handling different types of traffic such as FTP or File Transfer Protocol, SMTP and POP3 e-mail, IRC or even Torrent traffic.
Transparent proxy server
They do not require any kind of configuration in your system, but they only have basic uses.
How to configure a proxy server in Windows 10?
If you are looking for a way to configure a proxy on your Windows 10 computer, you should know that this OS offers you all the options so that you can do it easily and quickly.
To do this, simply follow the steps that we will explain below:
- To start, you must click on the “Start” button and there select the “Settings” menu that is represented by the icon of a wheel.
- When you have entered the “Settings” window, you must select the “Internet and network” icon.
- When you have entered the “Settings” window, you must select the “Internet and network” icon…
- Once you are in the proxy settings, you should go to the option “Use proxy server” and check the box as “Enabled”. Just below this option, you will find a section where you can write the IP address of the proxy you want to use, and it’s port. If you want to exclude some web portals, you can also add them in the box below.
- When you have finished all this configuration, simply click on “Save” to make the changes to your OS.
List of the best free proxy servers to surf the Internet anonymously.
To finish, we want to offer you a list of what we consider, at the moment, the best free proxy services that you will find:
This is a completely free website that offers a unique proxy service, which is how users can communicate on the Internet completely from anonymity. Regarding this service, it matches all your registration information with a WHOIS database, as a kind of guarantee for your clients.
Also, it has three options preconfigured in your system, and the customer can modify that, these are compatibility, maximum speed and security. In the same way, the proxy uses what the HTTPS protocol, which offers greater security and the ability to be on the web without being discovered is. But despite this, its main disadvantage is that it makes users connect to very common IP addresses that can be easily discovered and blocked by firewalls.
Proxy.org can offer Internet users greater online privacy and completely anonymous browsing in a very simple way. To do this, it offers a large number of elements capable of improving your web experience. Also, it offers you a complete list of working proxy servers so that you can select the one you think is most convenient.
Therefore, with this site, you can start enjoying an Internet connection without being detected or discovered by third parties, thus achieving greater privacy and security in each of your data.
Currently considered as the fastest web proxy browser in the world, it offers its services at no cost and also has ease of use, so it will be no problem to use it if you are a beginner in these topics. To do this, you simply have to open it in your browser and copy the web address you want to visit, and this will make your connection be instantly encrypted, thus increasing your security.
To use hidester, it will not be necessary to install any software, and it offers both a desktop and mobile version. Therefore, you can also start to carry out completely safe browsing from your smartphone. Keep in mind that with hidester, your activity on the web will be completely anonymous, so all your movements and data will be completely protected.
Xroxy is another of the proxy services that can be found currently available, and it can be used almost everywhere in the world, offering its services completely free. However, it also offers premium payment plans that will further enhance its users’ experience.
To ensure excellent operation, they have a team that is completely specialized in the development of this service, thus allowing them to have anonymity while browsing the web. Also, it has a global rotating IP database where you can select your proxy server. It is important to mention that XRosy currently has a failure rate of 1%, which guarantees its effective operation and security.