How to Track Phone When it is Turned Off?
When a mobile/phone device is lost, the worst thing that can happen is that the computer is turned off, making it difficult to find it, since the traditional or most common ways to find it will not work.
These measures, such as calling the device or activating an alarm remotely, will not work, thus leaving few options to locate it. For this reason, it is necessary to know the methods that can be used in these peculiar and difficult to solve cases.
That is why in this tutorial we are going to explain step by step, how you can find your equipment, even if it is turned off, this way you will have high possibilities of locating it quickly.
Table of Contents
Is it possible to find my mobile even if it is turned off? Requirements to do it
It is possible that you can locate your mobile device, although it is turned off, you just have to keep in mind that it is necessary to meet some requirements to have the current or partial location of the lost equipment.
The requirements are as follows:
- You must be logged in, either in a Google account or if you have an iOS device, have an active iCloud account on it.
- You must have been connected to the Internet, either by Wi-Fi or by data connection on the device that has been lost and is connected in the Play Store or iCloud.
- Have your device visible in Play Store or iCloud.
- The location tool must be activated on the lost computer.
- On Android devices it is necessary to have activated the function “Find my device“, in case it is turned off, you just have to do the following to activate it: “Settings”> “Security and location”> “Find my device”> “Activate the options to locate the equipment”.
- In the case of using different apps to locate your lost mobile devices, these must be previously installed on the mobile, and the user accounts must be synchronized with them.
- Have the GPS location active before it turns off.
Steps to find my smartphone even though it is turned off
The tools or methods that can be used to locate your mobile equipment, although it is turned off, are few, and will only allow you to know the last location where you obtained Internet access, using GPS.
Follow our steps and ideas:
In Google, there is a functionality that will allow you to see the history of all the locations where your mobile has connected to the network. In this way, you will be able to observe the last available location and thus have an idea of where the missing equipment may be.
For this, you have to enter or directly in the Google maps app and click on “Your timeline“. This function can also be used on an iOS device as long as you have this tool installed.
Using Google support
You can use Google’s help and support website to find your forgotten Android device. To do this, you just have to enter the following link and follow the steps that we will explain below:
- Once you have entered the website, you should look for the section that says “Guided steps”, in this you will click “Find your phone“.
- Now you are going to select the mobile device that you have lost. You may only see one or more, and this will depend on how many of these are synchronized with your Google account.
- After selecting the equipment, you will have to validate that you are a user, for that you just have to enter the password to enter your account.
- Finally, you will have to select the option that says “Find”, which is located next to the name of the computer that has been lost.
- After clicking on the option indicated above, a window will open showing you the approximate GPS location of your device.
- The other options shown are for cases where you cannot recover your device, but you can keep your personal information safe.
With Google photos
If your mobile device has been used to take a photo before it turned off, you can use its location as a reference to the location where your mobile maybe.
It will only work if you have photo sync turned on in Google photos, and the option to add a location to your activated photos. This option can be activated from the camera configuration options.
Using Find My Mobile Samsung
This tool is only available for Samsung, so if you do not have these devices, ignore this option. The website makes it easy for users to find their lost devices conveniently.
For this, you only have to have an account created and previously have synchronized the data of your mobile on the web. If the data in this was not synchronized before it was lost, this procedure would be useless.
To find it, you have to do the following:
- Enter the web and log in.
- Now you just have to click on the option that says “Locate my device“.
- Now you can see all the locations that this has had in 12 hours.
Use remote location apps.
Many tools can be installed on mobile equipment to locate them in case of loss. There is only one detail, and that is that these apps must be installed before the device is lost and turns off. Otherwise, they will not be useful.
Among the different ones that we can see are:
This app will allow you to observe the location of your lost device remotely. It has different versions that can be used, but the one that interests you this time is Ceberus (anti-theft).
You just have to go to the download section to be able to locate the one that interests you, download it and install it on your device.
To use it, you must do the following:
- Once it has been installed on your mobile or tablets, you have to register; Save and memorize this information well, as it will be used to log in from the app interface.
- Now you just have to access the Ceberus website and log in to it.
- Look for the option “locate my cell phone” so that you can know the latest location of your terminal on the GPS map.
To use it, you just have to register using your Google account. It must be the same as the device you want to have located. You can download the software directly from the Play Store and once installed, and you can make use of its multiple functions.
Although it does not have a very striking user interface, it is useful for what is required—making it one of the best options to locate in these cases.
Once you have completed the installation and registration process for your mobile device, you should only register on the web with the same account that you used on your computer.
To locate the lost terminal, you must click on the “Map” option, and this will show you the last available location of the equipment. Remember that the GPS option must be previously activated or it will not work.
Using Find My iPhone on iOS
If you want to locate my Apple mobile phone that you have lost and is turned off, you must use the Find My iPhone functionality, which will allow you to access the location of all the devices associated with that account. For this, you must be previously registered in iCloud with your mobile. Also, it must be connected to the Internet.
Once you have entered the functionality, the GPS will give you the exact location and will also make it easier for you to sound it in case it is turned on, to help in the task of finding it.
This software is one of the few available to locate a lost device on iOS. However, it is very useful and easy to use. But as in the previous cases, it must be previously installed for it to be used. Otherwise, it will be useless.
To use it you have to download it and install it on your terminal, once the registration procedure is completed, this information is what you will use to enter the web remotely to find your device in those cases where it is lost.
When you log in you will have to look for the option that says “Signal Flare” or “Signal flare”. This will take care of showing you the last location of the device while it has been connected to the network.
How to configure my mobile phone always to find it even if it is lost or stolen?
As we have already mentioned, you must have the “Find my device” function activated. It is available on Android, to configure it you have to do the following:
- Enter “Settings”.
- Choose the “Google” option.
- Now select the “Security” option.
- Click the “Find my device” option. Here it observes that this activated; You will find the activation switch right at the top of the screen, under the name of the function. (Remember that you must have downloaded and installed the “Find my device” application)
It should be noted that the location and GPS options must be activated on your devices so that they can be found remotely.