How to create custom Emojis on Android and iOS?
Although it is true, emojis and emoticons have transformed how human beings communicate through different chat or instant messaging apps and social networks. Being that, a fashion to which both young and old have adapted.
This means that there are very few users who escape the use of emojis and emoticons, thanks to the fact that they are elements that have managed to simplify communications. But, beyond them, some known as “Memojis” emerged that is much more personalized and has captured the attention of the general public.
Therefore, to learn more about this new trend that has not gone unnoticed by technology giants, it is appropriate to define what emojis are about and their difference from a standard emoji. Like, explain the steps to create these elements from an Android device or with an iOS.
What is an Emoji, and how is it different from a conventional emoji?
For starters, it is worth noting that the so-called Memojis are an invention of Apple that arose together with the facial recognition function of the iPhone and, therefore, they are virtual avatars that can customize the result completely.
In effect, a Memoji can be defined as an emoji that can adapt to the facial characteristics of the user in question and, also, takes into account those details such as hair color, freckles, accessories used, etc. To provide a result similar to the appearance of the person who creates it.
Thus, Apple was the only company in charge of popularizing Memojis in the digital world and, thanks to the first approval that these virtual avatars had by the public, many platforms focused on it. However, so far, Apple, based on its iOS operating system, is the only one that reveals the easiest way to obtain this type of emojis since they are generating through a photo of anyone using an iPhone from the tenth generation.
On the other hand, regarding the distinction that a Memoji presents around a popular emoji, it is based on the fact that the former are fully customizable and have a larger size than ordinary emojis. Whereas, they can reflect your personality and even your mood when created from scratch. On the other hand, emojis are generalized elements that are present in many instant messaging apps and do not provide any distinctive value depending on each user.
Steps to create your own Emojis on your Android and iOS smartphone
Although it is a native function of the iPhone and it is a proposal initiated by Apple, the truth is that there are other ways that people who do not manage the iOS operating system can use to create their custom emojis. For this reason, there is currently a mechanism that is adapted to Android devices for this. Taking into account that, although it cannot be done from a function of the same OS, it is a very simple procedure.
Having clarified this, we proceed to specify each of the steps that must be followed, both on an Android and an iPhone, to build the Memojis you want easily and quickly:
➡ On Android
Although today, there are several mechanisms that Android users can use to obtain their personalized Memojis, it is essential to specify one of the simplest ways of all in this post, which is carried out through an application known as Bitmoji that you can download directly from the Google Play Store and is free.
Without a doubt, it refers to the most popular mobile app to create stickers with your Memoji on Android without any complications. Valuing that, among its advantages, we find that it will not only provide you with personalized emojis with your face but also, you will be able to obtain these full leather Memojis, with costumes and even personalize them with different hairstyles or clothes.
Now, it is time to explain each of the steps to follow to create Memojis with the help of Bitmoji on Android devices:
- First of all, you must access the app store or the Play Store.
- Once the download process is completed, proceed to open the app in question, and there, you can register using your Snapchat account or through your email. During this registration process, you will have to indicate your birthday, create your account with the information requested and choose your gender (man or woman).
- Next, the app will ask you if you want to take a selfie, which will be used as a guide to show you on-screen the process of creating your Memoji. In other words, it is not a photograph to automatically generate your personalized emoji.
- Now, when you look at all the selections available in Bitmoji, you will have to go option by option to shape the face of your emoji and, thus, create the Memoji in question as you wish.
- At this point, begin to choose your skin tone, hair color, hairstyle type, hair treatment, shape, size, and color of the eyes, eyebrows, eyelashes, nose, glasses, jaw, lips, ears, facial features, clothing, and even accessories.
- Finally, it is time to generate your virtual avatar by clicking on the last icon in the row that shows a check. There, proceed to press the button “Save avatar” and then “Continue”. If you want to use the Bitmoji Keyboard, proceed to configure it or, otherwise, just click on “Skip” (from the upper right corner).
- After all this, you can use your Memoji in applications such as WhatsApp, Telegram, Messenger, and Line, for example. Taking into account that, just by clicking on the image created in Bitmoji, you will be able to select the app where you prefer to use it (in the menu that they show you).
[Also Read: How to Recover our Deleted Photos on WhatsApp]
➡ On iOS
Fortunately, through this operating system, Memojis can be created natively since it was an initiative constituted by Apple, specifically through its iPhone equipment based on the facial recognition function, as we previously mentioned. Taking into account that, nowadays, these personalized emojis can also be used from iPads.
In this sense, it is appropriate to note that users of the Apple operating system can create Memoji-type stickers on all devices that have iOS 13 or iPadOS. In addition to that, they require an iPhone X (or a later model) and an iPad Pro to be able to create and use animated Memojis without any limitation.
Next, we present the indicated procedure to create, for free, a personalized emoji from iOS 13 and with the Messages application belonging to Apple:
- Start by accessing the Messages application, and once you open it, proceed to press the indicated icon to compose or start a new message (or, directly from an existing chat).
- Secondly, you have to press the Animoji icon (it is identified with the face of an animated monkey) and there, slide your finger up to click on “New Memoji (+)”.
- Now, it is time to customize the characteristics of your own Memoji, as explained during the process from an Android. That is, changing the skin tone, the eyes, the hairstyle, the accessories, etc.
- Finally, you will simply have to tap “OK” in the upper right corner to save this creation, and you’re done.
Additionally, it is also essential to know how you can send an animated Memoji or a Memoji sticker from the Messages app, and here we point out each of the steps to be carried out for said case:
- Enter Messages and click on the corresponding icon to start a new message or, you can do it from a real conversion.
- Then press the Animoji icon and slide a finger to the left side of the panel to select the Memoji in question.
- After that, tap the icon to record, and so, you can choose a different Memoji with the same recording that will have a maximum duration of 30 seconds. When you do that, simply press the icon to stop.
- To conclude, just press the indicated arrow icon to send your personalized emoji.
Apart from this, on iPhone and iPad, you can also use your Memoji through FaceTime, and the correct way to do it is as follows:
- First of all, access the FaceTime app and start a call with the contact you want.
- Once that call begins, press the star-shaped icon and select the custom emoji you prefer to use.
- Thus, you can now make the FaceTime call with your Memoji, and in case you want to continue without this virtual avatar, simply touch the X icon to remove it.
- In case you want to change the Memoji during the call, what you should do is press the X icon and press the star icon again to choose a different one.